URL Not Found In Example Site

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Edited Apr 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Here's the original issue/message from the Issue Tracker:

Hello,

Wonderful work on the .NET wrapper. This is going to save me a ton of time.

I downloaded the source code and tried to run the application using VS. I imported all my credentials in the web.config file.

Whenever I click to register for a product (on the "Plan") page I'm thrown a URL not found.

Source Error:
Line 62:
Line 63: Private Function IsChargifyProduct(ByVal productHandle As String) As Boolean
Line 64: Dim result = From a In Chargify.GetProductList().Values _
Line 65: Where a.Handle = productHandle _
Line 66: Select a

Source File: C:\Users\Jerry\Desktop\chargify-82891\ChargifyDotNET\Source\Chargify.Web\Subscribe.aspx.vb Line: 64

It says that all of the product handles need to be hard coded in, and I've tried to find a related document on that. I'm not sure if that is related to this issue at all, but wanted to throw it out there.
Closed Today at 12:57 PM by djbyter
Let's open a discussion for this, as it's not really a bug.

djbyter wrote Today at 12:43 PM
So, the demo only works if you have the same products setup because I'm doing things by product handle. In that sample, I have the following Chargify setup:

Free (handle "free")
Basic (handle "basic")
Plus (handle "plus")
Premium (handle "premium")
Ultimate (handle "ultimate")

All of those are in a product family (name doesn't matter) that I had an ID of 464. You'll have to change appSettings.PRODUCT_FAMILY to whatever ID you get for your product family. That ID is used in nearly all the API calls, so it won't work without it.

The basic idea of the sample site is that you see how to create subscriptions, and make basic API calls - so you don't even have to use the site or even run it. You can see it running at chargify.clinicalsupportsystems.com

Thank you for the input, very much appreciated!

I changed the product key (which I hadn't done before) and already set up different products based on your handles. Unfortunately, the issue remains.

I've attempted to go to the demo site many times, but I always get a timeout error, and am unable to view the website.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Ah, okay - let me fix it up. I'll put the site properly in Azure, as it's not making it past my 5505 any more. Can you submit a chargify support ticket at help.chargify.com with your subdomain, I'll make sure it works against your site.
Apr 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Okay, I submitted the ticket. Thank you very much for the information! I really appreciate it.