Free / No Charge Subscriptions

May 31, 2010 at 6:45 PM
What do you do to create new free/no charge subscriptions that do not require a credit card? It seems on the chargify.CreateSubscription the ICreditCardAttributes is required and cannot be null.
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Can you do this in the Chargify admin UI? Not that I'm aware of, that's why I made it so that you can't pass null .. 

If you head to the Chargify admin, you'll see that the billing info is required. Even if you set the product they are subscribing to - to not require credit card. 

Curious, why create a billing subscription when you don't plan on billing?

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Actually, they do allow it. I have a product setup that does not request or require the CC info:

https://mrsvll.chargify.com/h/4586/subscriptions/new

The reason for using it is that chargify will handle the subscription part of it, so I can track (and up to 1000 of them at no charge) who has subscribed even for the free portion. I want to be able to track the free subscriptions and hopefully up-sell them to paid subscriptions at a later time. =)

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Okay, I'll change it to allow this then .. sorry. I was only looking are creating a new subscription using the "New Subscription" button rather than the product payment page.

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Very cool. Thanks! No need to be sorry. =) 

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:29 AM
Hi. Great job on this library. I am also trying to add a Freemium subscription but running into problems. I downloaded the latest source, but it doesn't seem to have the Chargify.CreateSubscription(productHandle,·customerInformation) method as called out in the sample app. '·CC·info·not·required,·make·different·call. newSubscription·=·Chargify.CreateSubscription(productHandle,·customerInformation) <!-- this doesn't work. Thanks for any help!
Coordinator
Jun 14, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Version 0.750 has been released and includes the method you guys were looking for (Freemium support)