Sample Site

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Hello,

Is the sample site available for download?  If possible that would really be a big help.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 1:05 PM

The sample site is available, just download the source for this project. I can also include a new download which is just the sample site and published library if you would like ..

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:28 PM
Got it to run but getting the SSL error.

Thanks

On 8/23/10, djbyter <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: djbyter
>
> The sample site is available, just download the source for this project. I
> can also include a new download which is just the sample site and published
> library if you would like ..
>
>
Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I updated the sample site this morning (both live and the checked in version) .. did you get the updated version?

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Hi,

I have been working on using Chargify with my .NET web application and your sample site has been extremely informative and helpful. Is the sample site download missing ChangeSubscription.aspx? I need to work with subscription upgrades/downgrades with Chargify and any example code would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Sharon,

ChangeSubscription is under /app/settings/ChangeSubscription.aspx .. should be there. It also shows the difference between migrating to a product and changing to a product.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:44 PM

All good to go with the sample site so far.  Still digging in.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM

How do we get installed what is needed for the membership piece.  Is it just the regular ASP.net membership tables?  Anything special needed?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Making further progress.  Using SQL Azure, installed the ASPNet Membership infrastructure from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2006191 and http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB2006191.

Now when using either the local or remote option when trying to Place the Order it creates the AspNet user but nothing else happens.  For both options it just stays at the page.  For remote it doesn't continue on to Chargify.  I will try to do more debugging.  Getting further along...

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 10:40 PM

In the sample, yes - I was just using regular old ASP.Net membership. 

For the sample, you need the corresponding chargify site configured a certain way for it to work.

Like, I have a product corresponding to the options in the sample website ..

When subscribing remotely (using the hosting pages) - you need to set the ReturnURL of the products to the location of the Subscribe_Step2.aspx page. Also, the following value for return parameters:
subscription_id={subscription_id}&customer_reference={customer_reference}&product={product_handle}

Kori

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Thanks.  Will look into the remote options.  Sounds promising.  What about local?  It is submitting and creates the aspnet user but then nothing happens on the chargify end.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I have set the settings in Chargify for the ReurnURL and parameters.

However, it is not even getting that far as it doesn't continue on after pressing "continue".  All it does is add the user in the db.

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:11 AM

It looks like it was failing since the Administrator and User roles did not exist.  Looks really good.  Digging into the admin side and found a small issue with the enum TransactionType "Payment_Authorization".  In the testing I am doing Chargify has it listed as PaymentAuthorization without the underscore.  Will add that to the issue tracker.