Issue regarding proxy server

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Its not exactly an issue with ChargifyNet.dll.

I used to test chargify functions through my Visual Studio. But When I took a publish, connection couldn't be established to Chargify server. After a lot of searching, I found out that my connection uses proxy server, and I have to explicitly specify it in my application. I did it, and it worked fine. Entry I made was:

<system.net><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><defaultProxy><font size="2" color="#0000ff"> </font></font>

<proxy usesystemdefault ="False" proxyaddress=http://<someIP>:8080 bypassonlocal="True"></proxy ><font size="2" color="#0000ff"> </font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font></defaultProxy > </system.net >

But when we ported the app to development server, its not working. There is no proxy in the server. We tried to give 'usesystemdefault' value to true. still its not working...

Can any one help?

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Maybe (just a guess), just remove that <proxy> line on your dev web.config? As far as I understood it too, saying usesystemdefault="False" should bypass it as well .. although, it sounds like it's not .. 

I could put in some support for proxy address in Chargify.NET and only connect that way if you specify it in the config, but I wouldn't really have a good way of testing it as I'm not on a proxy myself ..